Mercari is an e-commerce platform where you can buy and sell handmade items, clothing materials, electronics, and so on. Mercari provides an avenue for the users to make money while selling their new or old items to other people who might need them.
Sellers just have to list their items on the platform and wait for interested buyers to buy them. Listings of items on the Mercari platform is totally free and can be done on their website or mobile app.
How To Sell On Mercari
- Go to Mercari website or mobile app and sign up.
- Verify your email.
- Log in to your Mercari account.
- Go ahead to list some items that you wish to sell by taking a good photos of them.
- Always write a detailed listing description of items you list.
- Set your price for these listed items that you intend to sell.
- Have in mind that while you are setting your sales price, the cost of shipping or any logistics and charges such as transaction charges will be deducted.
- Have a prepared label printed as soon as your item sells.
- Attach the label and have it shipped within three days of purchase.
- Await the buyers confirmation and then your money will be released.
- You can decide to move the money from your Mercari balance straight into your account balance, PayPal or any other payment method of your choice.
How Much Does It Cost To Sell Things On Mercari?
Actually, it does not really cost much to sell on Mercari, as the platform has actually made processes such as listing to be free. What is only needed is the cost of logistics, transaction charges and a few others which will be charged on the item that you are selling. And this is why we recommend that while selling, you should actually calculate the charges that you will pay into the price that you are actually selling the item at.
What are the rules for selling on Mercari?
Mercari has some rules for sellers or users on the platform. In order to prevent your Mercari account from being blocked, you need to follow these rules while you sell on Mercari.
- Don’t send chat messages intended to threaten, degrade, or harass another user.
- Don’t list items associated with hate groups or glorifying violence.
- Don’t send messages or listing items with racial slurs.
- Listings or messages that provide false information.
Is There Any Big Secret On Selling On Mercari For Beginners?
There is no much big secret on selling on Mercari as a beginner. However, you only need to do the following if you intend to sell fast.
- Ensure that you take some good and attractive photos of your items.
- Add some nice descriptions of the items.
- Build a great relationship with your customers, so that they can always return.
- Ensure you collect reviews after every sale to your customers.
- Sell only items that are accepted on the Mercari marketplace.
- Always update your listings.
Do I Need A License To sell On Mercari?
No, you do not need a license to sell on Mercari. All that is needed is just to create an account, start listing and then have a customer buy your item.
What Is The Minimum Price For Your Product On Mercari?
The minimum price to have for your product on Mercari is around $1. That is, all items of yours should be from that price and above.