According to report from D-risk plan, AFDB has invested $600 million in Africa renewable energy sector.
In Nigeria there is an increase interest in renewable industry in recent years as corporation tends to meet up with global demand of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG). This has open up a new career opportunities in the renewable sector for Nigerians wishing to build a career in this new area of corporate expertise.
This sector is still fairly new, but those who will go ahead and build a career here can make a solid source of livelihood from the industry in no distant time.
We have gone through research to curate some of the high paying renewable energy sector jobs for people looking to earn between N100,000 and N1 million monthly.
1. Become A Training and Development Specialist
As a training and development specialist, you are saddled with the responsibility of implementation, monitoring and evaluation. And career developmental needs of the company employees.
Your responsibilities also cut across training both old and new staff of the organization periodically. You must acquire a skill and ability to work independently, critical thinking, great communication skills, time management, use of Microsoft office tools and paying attention to details.
- Academic Background: Social Sciences or Humanities
- Estimated salary range: N150,000 to N200,000 (based on company size and capability).
2. Become a Renewable Energy Engineer
This job will saddled you with the responsibility to work on research and production of energy from a Renewable source which include solar, wind and hydropower.
To fit in this career, you must understand the basic concept of energy transformation and also ready to solve problems that arise.
To stay on top of your game you will need to keep researching and studying to upgrade and update your knowledge on sustainable energy system.
Problem solving , IT knowledge, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) are the skills you need to succeed.
- Education background: Engineering
- Estimated monthly Salary range: N200,000 to N400,000 (depending on company size and capability).
3. Become a Procurement Officer
In this job, you will be responsible for the buying of quality equipment of the company. You will have to be the middle man between the suppliers and the company.
So it’s very vital you posses good communication skills because it will help you to build and sustain work relation, your still set must also include market research, financial analysis, negotiation, use of Microsoft Office tools especially Excel, industry knowledge and strategical thinking.
- Education background: Marketing, Business Administration, and Economics
- Estimated monthly pay: N150,000 to N280,000 (depending on company size and capability)
4. Geographic Information Systems Analyst (GIS) Specialist
In this job, you will need to understand the technique to manipulate, extract, locate and analyze geographic environment and automate procedures to enhance renewable energy project efficiency.
You must be able to analyze spatial data and also design digital maps. Your duty is also to monitor and administer database.
Skill needed in this job include: Data entry, spatial data administration, data conversation and maintenance, graphics design, programming, cartography and structured query language (SAL) knowledge.
- Education background: Information Science, Computer Science, and Engineering
- Estimated monthly salary range: N240,000 to N350,000 (depending on company size and capability).
- RELATED: 5 High Paying Jobs You Can Do From Home & Make Cool Money
- 6 Best Paying Jobs In The Basic Industry.
- How Long To Wait After Submitting A Job Application Online; Find Out Now!
- How To Pass A Mouth Swab Drug Test For Amazon In 2022 (Secrets)