As a federal benefit recipient, Direct Express offers you an excellent option to manage your fund, but you may not be able to use the Direct Express prepaid card to carry out different kinds of transactions; hence, it becomes imperative to transfer your money from Direct Express to the Cash App to enable you to perform different transactions with ease.
Since Cash App supports Visa, Mastercard, and prepaid cards, transferring money from Direct Express to Cash App is not all that difficult. If you want to add money to the Cash App from Direct Express, you may need to follow some steps. It is also important to note that there is a limit to the amount of money that you can add to the Cash App on a weekly basis. There are two different methods that you can use to transfer money from Direct Express to Cash App; in the subsequent sections, we shall do justice to them. Stay tuned!
Who is Qualified to get a Direct Express Debit Card?
Veterans Administration, Supplementary Security Income, Social Security, or any other federal benefits are eligible to get a Direct Express debit card.
You can easily enroll for the card since enrollment is absolutely free and there is no credit check or bank account required; hence, you can enroll for it without necessarily waiting for the mail. Also, you will not pay any sign-up fee or monthly fee, as with other cards.
How to Apply for Direct Express Card
If you’re among the categories of people mentioned in the above section who are eligible to apply for a DirectExpres debit card, you can use any of the methods below to apply for the card:
- Call this number: 1-800-300-1795, 888-228-1934, 855-290-1544.
- Visit the official GoDirect official website,
- You can also visit your credit union or bank to get the card.
How to Transfer Money From Direct Express to Cash App
There are two different ways that you can use to transfer money from Direct Express to Cash App; the methods are elaborated on in the subsequent sections.
How to Transfer Money From Direct Express to Cash App by Adding a Card
You can transfer money from Direct Express to the Cash App by adding a card. Adding a Direct Express prepaid card to the Cash App is not difficult since it accepts Visa, credit, and Mastercards.
To add a Direct Express card to the Cash App, do this:
1. Download, Install and Create Cash App Account
- Download and install Cash App from app store
- Create an account with your details.
- If you have an account already, just login with your details.
2. Tap on your Profile
- Look at the top right corner of your Cash App and click on your profile button.
- You will either see a silhouette or profile picture, depending on your settings.
3. Scroll through and tap on the linked banks option
- Click on the linked bank option to see the debit cards and banks that you’ve linked to Cash App.
- Now, click on the linked bank option again to link your Direct Express prepaid card to Cash App.
4. Tap on link debit card
- Tap on the link debit card option to link your Direct Express prepaid card details to Cash App.
- Now, you will see provisions on the Cash App where you will add your Direct Express debit card’s details.
- If you have already linked another debit card, you will be asked to replace it.
- The details you will input are the Direct Express Card number, CVV, ZIP code, and expiration date.
- After entering the necessary information, review it to ensure that it is correct. Tap on link card, and Cash App will automatically start linking your card.
5. Add Cash
- Once your account has been successfully linked, you can transfer funds from your Direct Express Card to your Cash App account.
There is a limit to the amount of money that you can add to the Cash App weekly. For instance, if your Cash App account is fully verified, you can only add up to $4,000 to it on a weekly basis.
How to Transfer Money From Direct Express to Cash App Using a Linked Bank Account
Most digital prepaid cards allow bank transfers, which simply means that you can transfer funds from a prepaid card to a bank account with ease.
The Direct Express prepaid card allows bank transfers; however, it costs $1.5 for each transfer performed with the card. Once you transfer money from this card to your bank account, you can then add the fund to your Cash App without hassle.
There are two different ways you can transfer money from your Direct Express prepaid card to a United States bank account. They are:
- By visiting Direct Express’s official website to send the money electronically.
- You can reach out to their customer care unit at 1(888) 741-1115 and request that they help you transfer.
Once you receive the funds in your bank account, you can then transfer the money to your Cash App.
To add money from your bank account to the Cash App, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Cash App account in your device
- On the home screen of your Cash App, click on the ‘’Money/Banking’’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘’Add Cash’’ option
- Select the exact amount you want to transfer
- Click on ‘’Add’’ option
- Review and authenticate the transaction by entering your PIN or using your fingerprint ID.
Some Reasons Why You May Not be Able to Add your Direct Express Card to Cash App
Sometimes, you may not be able to add your Direct Express prepaid card to the Cash App due to some of the reasons listed below:
- If you input incorrect details
- If there are technical challenges,
- If your account balance is not sufficient,
- There may be account verification issues, etc.
Can You Use Direct Express for Cash App?
Yes, it is possible to use a Direct Express prepaid card on a Cash App. This prepaid card is also a debit card, so it can be linked to a Cash App just like any other debit card without hassle.