Just created your own Kuda bank account and you are having difficulties making deposits in it? You have an FCMB bank account or any local bank account? No worries! This article will provide you with an in depth knowledge on how to transfer from FCMB to Kuda bank free of charge. As well as how to transfer from FCMB to another bank.
So, you don’t need to discard that Kuda bank account you just created. If you do not want to use your FCMB account to make the transfer, I will even give you simple steps on how to transfer from FCMB to other banks. This article has a lot in store in for you.
So, I wouldn’t advice you not to skip a step. Except you are already familiar with that particular step.
- Read Also: How To Register And Get eNaira Wallet
- How To Send And Receive Money With eNaira Wallet
- How To Reverse Airtime Purchase From Bank
About Kuda Bank
Formerly known as Kudi money, it is a Lagos and London based free online digital financial institution which was founded in the year 2017. It was later renamed to Kuda bank in the year 2019.
Founded by Mr Babs Ogundeyi, Kuda bank has it motto as “the bank of the free”. And it has been striving to make sure this is achieved despite having a little bit rocky past. It is located at Moore House, 151 Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba 101245, Lagos.
FCMB USSD Code
Most often, people usually ask “What is an FCMB USSD code?”. This is a code given by the bank to it users in order to aid them in carrying out their bank transactions remotely using their phone even without an internet connection. It usually consist of an asterisk (*) and also an hash(#).
Your FCMB USSD code might be the solution to your problem regarding how to transfer from FCMB to Kuda bank. However, I will address how this is done in another session.
Below are a few other guides on your FCMB ussd code.
- Dial *329*Amount# to top-up your mobile phone.
- Dial *329*Amount*Mobile number# to top-up another persons mobile phone.
- Dial *329*Amount*Account number# to transfer funds to another bank account.
- Dial *329*00# to check your FCMB account balance.
- Dial *329*0# to reset your pin.
- Dial *329*1*Mobile Number# to buy data directly from FCMB to your phone.
- Dial *329*2*Smartcard Number# in order to pay for your DSTv or GOTv subscription.
- Dial *329*8* for self-service and to increase or reduce the transfer limit
- Dial *329#, select self-service, select block card to block debit card.
- Dial *329#, select self-service, select block account to block account.
- Dial *329#, select self-service, select link BVN to FCMB account.
- Dial *329#, select account statement, select full account statement, then select the duration (can even be up to 6 months). Your statement will be sent to the email address you provided in your FCMB form when you created an account. However, you can still change it.
- Dial *329#, select bank statement then select mini statement to view your last five (5) bank transactions instantly.
- If you feel your FCMB transfer code is blocked or you are having any issues with it, i will also provide you with a solution on how to unblock my FCMB transfer code.
How To Activate FCMB USSD Code
This is usually not a simple task, to activate my FCMB USSD code was quite tough when I first created my FCMB account and I was curious on how to activate FCMB USSD code. However, here is a simple step by step guideline on how to activate FCMB USSD code.
- 1) Dial *324 *214#. After several options must have appeared on your phone screen, you will be asked to choose one of them. This options usually are: (a) Activate with card, (b) Activate with Account, (c)Activate with Mwallet.
- Since you want to activate your FCMB ussd code, you press the second option which happens to be; activate with account.
- Type in your account number
- You can call contact centre on the number, 01-2798800 or visit also any FCMB branch in order to generate your PIN.
- After you must have gotten your PIN, dial *389*214# and choose the option Security.
- Choose Change PIN and enter the default PIN that the bank gave to you.
- You can now enter your new FCMB pin
How To Transfer from FCMB To Another Bank
You can easily transfer money from your FCMB without any stress or hard work. All you need is just to acquire the right knowledge and that is why you are here reading on how to transfer from FCMB to another bank.
This can be done through the FCMB mobile app or through the FCMB ussd code.
The FCMB mobile app was introduced for convenience as well as the ussd code.
FCMB Transfer Using USSD Code
However, in order to use the FCMB transfer code, you must activate it first. You can read it above if you have no idea about it and failed to read it.
To transfer from FCMB to another bank using USSD code, simply dial *329*amount *account number# to transfer funds. This is very simple as that is the only thing to do.
However, it is important to note that in order to have a successful transaction, you must have a sufficient FCMB account balance. You can check your FCMB account by dialing *329*00# to check your balance.
FCMB Transfer Through Mobile App
To carry out the transfer using a mobile app, you must first register and below are the following steps:
- Visit the bank and fill in the registration form in any of the FCMB bank branches.
- You will be given the FCMB installation file by the bank so you can install it in your phone. Be it an android or an IOS device.
- Open your email, you will find a mail message with your virtual card, expiration date and default PIN.
- Add and save the information you got via your email.
- If you have received a text confirmation, then the registration is successful.
- You can also download the FCMB mobile application via the Google playstore or IOS playstore.
- Fill in the registration details. This should be the same information you gave to the bank.
- You can now go ahead to do the transfer as much as you have the person’s bank account number and bank name. You will also need account name for further confirmation.
How To Transfer From FCMB To Kuda bank
You may have been asking yourself, How do I transfer money from FCMB to Kudabank? Well, Kuda bank does not have a USSD code enabled where you can easily dial it and then your money is transferred from your FCMB account to your Kuda bank account. And this is quite unlike other banks like First bank, Zenith bank and others where you simply dial a Ussd code and include the amount you will be transferring and then the money is transferred to your FCMB account.
However, you can simply do this by using your mastercard or visa card. And also, your Verve card can still be used.
Below is a step by step guide on how to transfer from FCMB to Kuda bank.
- Open your Kuda mobile app
- You use the “transfer” option on the dashboard of your Kuda bank app.
- You select pay using card.
- You can then type in your FCMB debit card details including your CVV, card expiry date as well as your card number.
Make sure all information you gave are correct as this will determine if the transaction is successful. Also make sure to crosscheck the amount you will be sending.
Note that, there are always charges attached whenever you make transfers using your international or local FCMB cards like Verve, MasterCard as well as Visa card. A 1.5% of your deposit will be charged when you use your local FCMB card. And a 4% of your deposit will be charged when you use the international FCMB card like MasterCard or Visa card.
However, before making this transaction, it is always preferable that you have a verified accounts first. And this can be done by adding your bank verification number (BVN) and a also governments issued ID.
For example; Your National ID card, voters card or passport. To add this information to your Kuda bank app, simply tap on “ore” at the very bottom of your dashboard, and select “Identification.”
You are then required to fill in the Bank verification number (BVN) and then upload your government issued ID. You can now send it.
How To Transfer From Kuda Bank To FCMB
You shouldn’t be curious on how to transfer money from Kuda bank to FCMB bank. That is because there is no special way or trick involved in it.
The following are 4 steps involved in transferring from Kuda bank to FCMB.
- Open your Kuda bank mobile app
- Go to dashboard
- Tap “send money”
- Fill in the details of the transfer
- Confirm the details
- Click send to make sure the transfer is completed.
For the details of the transfer, you will be asked to provide the following:
- The name of the bank account the money will be transferred to. This is used for confirmation.
- The name of the bank
- The receivers account number.
- The amount you want to transfer. Your transaction will not be carried out if the amount you want to succeed is greater than the amount in your Kuda bank account.
With those steps you don’t need to worry on how to transfer from FCMB to Kuda bank and also how to transfer from Kuda to FCMB.
However, the process involved in transferring money from your FCMB account is the same even though you want to send it to another bank account.
How To Unblock My FCMB Transfer Code
Your FCMB transfer code can not be blocked if you had activated it. But if you feel this hasn’t solved your problems or despite applying what is recommended here, you still can’t make transfers using your FCMB bank transfer codes then you need to report your problem to the any FCMB bank branch and they will take it from there. And unfortunately, our recommendation is that you should still go to FCMB bank branch and talk things out with your account manager. He or she will do well to educate you on why it was blocked and how you can avoid it being blocked next time even after they have activated it.
Make sure all your dealings and complaint are done directly in the bank and to a bank staff and not over the phone, so as to prevent being a victim of fraud.
Your FCMB should be secured and make sure you only use it on the official FCMB mobile app and the Official Kuda bank app. The importance of your Bank verification number (BVN) can not be stressed enough.
I hope this article has provided you with an answer to any question that might have been pestering you concerning how to transfer from FCMB to Kuda bank. As well as how to use the FCMB ussd code.